Expressions of Ask For and Providing Information about Person's Willingness to Do a Thing



Asking for Person's Willingness
  • Are you willing to polish them, dear?
  • Would you do me a favor, please?
  • Will you help me to prepare the media?
  • Would you like to wash it if you don't mind?
Example :
  1. Will you meet me after school?
  2. Would you close the door, please?
  3. Are you willing to be the announcer for the school anniversary party?
  4. Finally, Arina will prepare our tickets for the concert.
  5. Tommo is willing to participate in the Interstudent Debate Contest.
Person is willing to do a thing 
  • Sure, Dad.
  • Of Course.
  • Yes, Mom.
  • O.K. let me handle it, Uncle. 
Let's read some examples of the dialogue below!
Dialogue 1 
Randy            : Dad, your shoes look dirty.
Mr. Nugraha  : Do they? Are you willing to polish them, dear? I don't have much time to do it.
Randy            : Sure, Dad. It's only takes a while.
Mr. Nugraha  : Thanks, my boy.
Randy            : You are welcome Dad.

Dialogue 2
Lili      : I have a terrible headache. Would you do me a favor, please?
Kinar   : Of course. Shall I buy you medicine?
Lili      : No, no! Just take me to the clinic, please. I feel like I am just going to stumble.
Kinar   : O.K.

 Dialogue 3
April          : What are you doig, Ma'am?
Mrs. Tyas   : I am going to move these seedling into the post. Will you help me prepare the media?
April          : Yes, Ma'am. Let me mix the fertilizer and soil.
Mrs. Tyas   : Thanks, dear.
April          : With pleasure. 

 Dialogue 4
Tari            : You look tired, Uncle.
Mr. Pandu  : I do, but I have to wash my motorcycle.
                    Or, would you like to wash it if you don't mind?
Tari            : O.K., let me handle it, Uncle. You'd better have a rest.
Mr. Pandu  : Thank you very much, Tary.
Tari            : You are welcome. 
Previous
Next Post »

Followers