English Class


 Chapter 1  
Greeting and Introduction
 
A. Greeting : Sapaan
Read and repeat after teacher loudly !
-Hello!
-Hi !
-Good morning   : Selamat pagi
-Good afternoon : Selamat Sore
-Good evening     : Selamat malam
-Good night           : Selamat malam
-Nice day                 : Hari yang bagus
-Good day               : Hari yang baik
-How are you?        : apa kabar?
-How do you do?  : Apa kabar?
-I am fine, thank you    : Saya baik-baik saja, terima kasih sudah bertanya
-I am good, thank you : Saya baik-baik saja, terima kasih sudah bertanya
-Nice to meet you          : Senang bertemu dengan mu
 
Practice 1
Students  memorize the greeting expressions!

Practice 2
Two students go practice in front of the class!
Andre : Hi Dira,
Dira     : Hello Andre. 
Andre : Good morning!
Dira     : Good morning!
Andre : How are you?
Dira     : I am fine, thank you, and you?
Andre : I am good, thank you!

B. Introduction : Perkenalan
Read and repeat after teacher loudly ! 
(teacher also can add ather expressions)
 
My name is Diana        : Nama saya Diana 
I come from Jakarta   : Saya berasal dari Jakarta
I live at Singaraja         : Saya tinggal di singa raja
My hobby is reading   : Hobi saya adalah membaca
My favorite food is chicken : Makanan kesukaan saya adalah ayam. 
I like singing                 : Saya suka bernyanyi

Practice 1
Fill in the blank below and read it loudly in front of the class!
My name is ......
I come from ......
I live ......
My hobby is ......
my favorite food is .......
I like ......

Chapter 2 
Question 5WH 
Students read and comprehend the question words by teacher's control!
What (wat)      : Apa?
Where (wer)   : Dimana?
When (wen)   : Kapan?
Who (hu)         : Siapa?
Why (wai)       : Mengapa?
How (hau)     : Bagaimana?
 
Example:
What is your name?    : Saiapa namamu? 
Where do you live?      : Dimana kamu tinggal?
When will you go?       : Kapan kamu akan pergi?
Who are you?                 : Siapa kamu?
Why are you here?       : Mengapa kamu berada di sini?
How are you?                 : Bagaimana kabarmu?

Practice 1 
Fill the blank with the right word!
1. ....... is Rina's house?
2. ....... is the teacher's name?
3. ....... do you know the truth?
4. ....... do you believe me?
5. ....... is that man?
6. ...... you will leave this place?

Question with do/does
Questions menggunakan do, do berada di awal kalimat, jika di sandingkan dengan 5WH maka do selalu berada di posisi setelah 5WH. 
(Teacher gives an example)
 
Do digunakan  untuk subjects I, You, we,. 
Does digunakan hanya untuk subject  He, she, it. 
 
Contoh:
Teacher explain and read the text and followed by students!
1. Do you like apple?
2. Does she have book?
3. Do they go to school?
4. Does he buy some foods?
5. Do you like sugar?
 
 Exercise:
1. ..... mom cook today?
2. ..... you have sister?
3. ..... she look at you?
4. ..... they drink a sprite?
5. ..... she believe me?


Chapter 3
 Reading Text
Students listen to the teacher reading the text carefully!
 
My Cat 
        I have a cat. It is so beautiful. The color is brown. Her name is Cha-chi. She is five years old now. I feed her everyday. She likes fish. My mom also likes her. Cha-chi has a comfortable bed. The bed is pink. It is so girly just like Cha-chi. Any way, Cha-chi comes from Malang without any family. She does not have mother and father. I love her so much. She just like my best friend. She always accompany me when study in my room. She is so loving. 

Exercise 1:
Teacher gives time to students to reread the text by themselves. After that, they reread it loudly one by one  in front of the class!

Exercise 2:
Answer the questions as simple as possible!
1. What is the name of the cat?
2. How old the cat is?
3. Where does the cat come from?
4. How many times the cat eats in a day?
5. What color does the cat like?

Exercise 3:
Fill in the blanks bellow!
1. I...... a cat
2. The color ..... brown 
3. My mom ...... her
4. Cha-chi ..... from Malang
5. ..... bed is pink
6. It ..... so girly just like Cha-chi
7. She .... not have mother and father
8. I ..... her so much
9. She just ..... my best friend
10. She ..... so loving. 


Chapter 4  
 Daily Activity 

Read the text below after teacher!
            My name is Clara. I am 12 years old. I am a student at SDN Pelita Harapan. My hobby is drawing. I wake up at 6 o'clock am everyday. I always take a bath at six fifty. And then getting ready to school. Before go to school, I don't forget to eat my breakfast. My mom always cooks for us everyday before school. After school, I study in my room. Mom helps me to finish my homework. my mom always tell me a fairy tale before I go to sleep. Her story telling is so good. 

Exercise 1:
Rewrite the text below and fill in the blank with your real activities!

         My name is ........ I am ..... years old. I am a student at SDN ....... My hobby is ...... I wake up at ...... o'clock am everyday. I always take a bath at ..... o'clock. And then getting ready to school. Before go to school, I don't forget to eat my breakfast. My mom always cooks for ..... everyday before school. After school, I study in ..... Mom helps me to finish my homework. My mom always tell me a .... before I go to sleep. Her story telling is so good.

Exercise 2:
Write your full version of daily activities!
 
 
Chapter 5
 Reading Comprehension
 
Teacher lead the reading session and students follow the teacher!
          Ana and Dinda are besfriends. They study at SDN 6 Bandung. They are grade 6. Ana likes Cireng so much. Dinda order Cireng almost everyday at break time. They eat Cireng together. Ana is from Bandung and Dinda is from Karawang. Dinda lives in Bandung for five years since when she was at grade two. However, She must finish her study and then move to Karawang
         Ana and Dinda have different hobbies. Ana loves to swim and  Dinda cannot swim but she likes to sing. Ana can not cook while Dinda really likes to cook. They love to help each other on their hobbies. That's how trtheir relationship goes. 
 
 
Exercise 1 : True and False, choose true or false as the answer!
1. Ana and Dinda are neighbors. (......)
2. They are elementary students. (......)
3. Dinda is from Bandung. (......)
4. Ana and Dinda have same favorite food. (.....)
5. Ana is from Bnadung. (......)
6. Dinda lives in Bandung only for five years. (.....)
7. One day Dinda will leave Bandung. (.....)
8. Ana has the same hobby with Dinda. (......)
9. Ana loves to swim. (......)
10. Dinda does not like to cook. (......)

Exercise 2 : Rearrage the sentences below into the right structure without seeing the text!
1. besfriends-Ana-Dinda-are-and
2. study-at-They-SDN-Bandung-6 
3. likes-Ana-so-Cireng-much
4. Cireng-They-eat-together
5. Ana-is-Bandung-from
6. Dinda-from-Karawang-is
7. I-in-room-my-study
8. Ana-Dinda-and-have-hobbies-different
9. Dinda-swim-cannot
10. to-Dinda-really-cook-likes
Previous
Next Post »

Followers