Expressions of Asking for and Prividing Information about One's Capability


Asking One's Capability 
  • Can you do it?
  • Can you fix it?
  • I can't fix it. Can you, Wisnu?
  • Do you think we can finish this assignment on time? 
Providing information about one's capability
  • Don't worry. Frying fish is just like frying chicken.
  • Yes I can.
  • Yes I can fix it 
  • Sure. Leave it to me. It's a piece of cake.
  • Yes. we can.
Providing information about person's capability 
  • Sorry. I cannot do it.
  • I don't think we can solve the problem ourselves.
  • The students are not sure they can finish their experiments on time.
  • I'm sorry, I know nothing about resetting a printer.
  • Rifky Can't type sentences as fast as you can. 
Let's practice the dialogue below!
Delia    : Hi, Ran. Where is everyone?
Randy  : Hi, Del. Mom is attending a social gathering in Mrs. Resti's house
               and Dad is has not arrived home yet.
Delia    : I see. Anyway, what are you doing?
Randy  : I am going to make crispy fried fish for dinner. Mom asked me to do it.
Delia    : Can you do it? I have never seen you frying fish.
Randy  :  Don't worry. Frying fish is just like frying chicken. I only need to reduce
                the recipe a little so that it won't be salty.
Delia    : You are right.
Randy  :  But need your help to beat eggs.
Delia    :Sure. I'll help you , but I have to change my shirt first.
Randy  : O.K.

Previous
Next Post »

Followers