Exressions of Invitation



Inviting
  • Let's do our pair work this afternoon.
  • Let's browse material for our paper. 
  • Why don't you join our study club?
  • Would you go to the party with me?
  • Would you come to Nissa's birtday party tonight?
  • I would be delighted if you come to join us
  • Shall we go to Dina's house?
Accepting
  • Sure, no problem.
  • Good idea, let's go now.
  •  I'd love to. Thank you.
  • Of course, I will.
Declining 
  • I'd love to but, I am very tired. Let's do it tomorrow. 
  • Sorry, I can't. I have to meet the principal now.
  • Very sorry. I've already joined Maya's study club.
  • I'd like to but, I have promised to go with Andien.
  • I am really sorry, I have another schedule to do.
Let's see the example of the dialogue below!
 Randy  : Wisnu, do you have time today, after school?
Wisnu   : Yes, I am free. What's up?
Randy   : I want to attending the National Writing Event today in the capital.
                Would you come with me there?
Wisnu   : Why do you need to go there?
Randy   : I'd like to take a picture for Indonesian writing assignment.
Wisnu   : I see. That's a good idea, I'd like to join you, but I need to tell my mom first.
Randy   : Sure, no problem. I wish your mom give you the permission.
Wisnu   : Definitely, as long as it is a good thing to spend time.
Randy   : Thanks.
Wisnu   : You're welcome. 


Previous
Next Post »

Followers