Latihan Soal SMA kelas 3

Question 1 to 10, choose the most appropriate option to complete the dialogue.
1. Viona  : I can't believe the stove does not work again.
     Bob    : .......I'll check the gas.
A. May be the gas runs out.
B. You have to clean it regularly.
C. The gas is very expensive.
D. Probably you haven't turned it on.

2. Vita       : Mom, can I playing the terrace?
     Mother : No, dear, It's raining......
A. The terrace is being repaired.
B. Go home before it's dark.
C. Stay inside until the rain stops.
D.You can play in garden.

3. Mr. Dillan : ......I am calling to give Mr. Anthony special offer from my company.
Receptionist  : I am sorry, Mr. Anthony is not in the office at the moment, can I take a message?
A. Excuse me who is calling?
B. Can I speak to Mr. Anthony, please.
C. Could you repeat your name?
D. Can I speak to Mr. Anthony, please?

4. Lala  : What do you usually do in the morning?
    Maya :.......
A. I listen to music to start my day.
B. I come late to the school.
C. My mother makes me delicious breakfast.
D. Doing my school homework is my hobby.

5. Receptionist : Good afternoon, Salero Indonesian Restaurant. How can I help you?
    Hanum         : Yes.........
A. I need a single room for two days.
B. May I reserve a plane ticket to Medan?
C. I'd like to make a dinner reservation for tonight.
D. Can I book a ticket for concert?

6. Tourist  : I've spent almost half an hour to find the zoo. Can you show me where it is?
    Vio        : Of course............
    Tourist   : Thank you very much.
A. Come to the town and I'll show you the center of the city.
B. Go across this street, the bank is beside the post office.
C. Find the zoo and you'll see the ball building next to it.
D. Go along this street. It's next to the museum.

7. Kansa  : I came late this morning because the traffic jam was so terrible.
    Sitha    : I also got the same experience yesterday. I would've arrived late if.....
A. I hadn't got up late
B. I didn't take a bus
C. I hadn't left earlier
D.I didn't drive a car

8. Opic : What are you going to do this weekend?
    Joni  : ..........My friend will have a theatrical production in the auditorium.
A. I'll have an overtime job.
B. I'll buy some new books for my collection.
C. I'm going swimming with my cousins.
D. I'm going to see a performance.

9. Citra : How was your holiday? I heard you went to Bali.
    Intan : .........Bali is a perfect destination for holiday.
A. I would enjoy my trip.
B. What a brilliant idea.
C. It was really great
D.You should go there someday.

10. Alfa : Look! There is a circus. Let's see it.
      Father : ........They must have been trained for a long time.
A. There are many people watching it.
B. The animals are playing their roles well.
C. The people are clapping.
D.The monkey is very big.

Questiona 11 to 13 are based on the following text.
       Komodo dragon is the largest lizard. It lives in the scrub and now woodland of a few Indonesian islands. Komodo dragon is the world's heaviest lizard, weighing 150 pounds or more. The largest Komodo  ever measured was more than 10 feed (3 meters) long and weighed 366 pounds (166kg) but the average size of komodo in the wild is about 8 feet (2.5 meters) long and 200 pounds (91 kg).
       Komodo has gray scaly skin, a pointed snout, powerful limbs and muscular tail. They use their keen sense of smell to locate decaying animal remains from several miles away. They also hunt other lizards as well as large mammals and aresometimes cannibalistic. The Komodo dragon's teeth are almost completely covered by its gums. When it feeds, the gums bleed, creating an ideal culture for virulent bacteria. The bacteria that live in the Komodo dragon's saliva causes septicemia, or blood poisoning, in its victims. A dragon will bite it's prey, then folllow it until the animal is too weak to carry on. This lizard speciesis threatened by hunting, loss of prey species and habitat loss.

11. What is the text above mainly about?
A. The habitat of Komodo Dragon
B. The largest lizard
C. A heavy reptile
D. Features of Komodo Dragon
E.  Komodo dragon

12. These are the  features of a Komodo Dragon, except.......
A. Gray-scaled skin.
B. Pointed snout
C. Sharp big teeth
D. Muscular tail
E.  powerful limbs

13. "They use their keen sense of smell to locate decaying animal remains from several miles away."  (sixth line). What is the synonym of the bolded word?
A. Dead
B. Rotten
C. Poisoned
D. Buried
E. Fresh

Questions 14 to 16 are based on the following text.
14. The text mainly tells about an invitation to......
A. a year social event
B. an annual registration
C. an auspicious seminar
D. a school establishment

15. What will readers probably do next after reading the text?
A. Bring some of their prizes
B. Call Mr. Thakur immediately
C. Confirm their participation
D. Distribute the invitation

16. "......Will preside over the function...."
The synonym of the text underlined words is.....
A. be available for
B. be in charge of
C. be happy with
D. be strict of

Questions 17 and 18 are based on the following text. 
A lot has changed in the world since John Doe established "Doe Radio and Television Service". Because we are now a leader in computer and cellular telephone service, we are changing our name to "Doe Electronic Technologies". We think John would be pleased. As part of this event, we invite you to stop by anytime during the next month to receive a special 20% discount on any compact discs, computer equipment, or cellular phones. It is always a pleasure to serve you.

17. Which item is on discount 20%?
A. Radios
B. Television
C. Compact disc
D.Telephones

18. A lot has changed in the world since John Doe established "Doe Radio...." (paragraph 1) The underlined word is closest meaning to.....
A. founded
B. improved
C. expanded
D.developed

Questions 19 to 21 are based on the following text.
This is to inform the Ministry of Airways is hereby in need for vendors who can assure an efficient and effective delivery of railway coaches as per the directions of the authority from time to time. 
Vendors are expected to go through the attached rules and policies before applying for the same. The shortlisted vendors would be invited to attend the bidding to be held at the address mentioned below :
On the 31st March, 14. 12.30 p.m.
Venue : Sth floor, Transportation building, Jl. Abdul Muis No. 1 Center of Jakarta.
 For further detail, please contact our helpdesk at contact@railway.com.
We look forward to a successful deal with you.

19. What is the topic of the text?
A. The railways vendors
B. The Ministry Railways
C. The invitation for a bid
D. Deal between the vendors

20. What will the readers do after reading the text?
A. Attach the rules
B. Visit the website
C. Apply for the tender
D.Contact the bid owner

21. Please contact our helpdesk at contact@railway.com
The underlined word in the text can be replaced by.......
A. revised
B. applied
C. enroll
D. accompanied

 Questions 22 and 23 are based on the following text.
Wiena : Does the hotel offer a courtesy shuttle from the airport?
Alisha : Yes, we do. Pick-up is from the arrivals at Terminal 1.
Wiena : Could you reserve us there please? Our flight gets in at 2 p.m.
Alishe : There is no need for that. There is plenty of room on board, and our service
              runs every 20 minutes.
22. What is the purpose of the dialog?
A. To inform about the flight reservation
B. To tell when the flight gets in
C. To check the pick-up service
D.To provide the flight service

23. Based on the dialogue, what will hotel officer do to Wiena?
A. Arrive early to welcome her
B. Pick her up at Terminal 1
C. Reserve three places
D. Rub in 20 minutes

Questions 24 to 25 are based on the following text.
Bunga : Dinda, do you have something to do this evening? If you are free, can you
              accompany me to go to Fia's house? I want to borrow her science book.
Dinda  : Ok. What time do you pick me up?
Bunga : About 6.30. Inform me as soon as possible.

24. Who are Bunga and Dinda?
A. Siblings
B. Classmates
C. Colleagues
D.Bookkeepers

25. Based on the dialog, Bunga shows her request by asking Dinda.........
A. to borrow Fia's book
B. that she will pick her up
C. Wether she is free this evening
D.to accompany her to Fia's house
Previous
Next Post »

Followers