Past Perfect Continuous Tense (I had been doing)




Past Perfect Continuous Tense digunakan untuk mengungkapkan suatu tindakan yang di mulai di masa lalu dan berlangsung sampai tindakan lain yang terjadi di masa lampau.

Rumus Verbal
(+) S+Had+Been+Verb-ing+O
(-)  S+Had+Not+Been+Verb-ing+O
(?) Had+S+Been+Verb-ing+O

Examples:
 (+) I had been writing my paper for two hours when I had a test.
 (-) I had not been writing my paper for two hours when I had a test.
 (?)  Had I been writing my paper for two hours when I had test?

(+) She had been continuing her study when she came from Yogyakarta.
(-)  She had not been continuing her study when she came from Yogyakarta.
(?) Had she been continuing her study when she came from Yogyakarta?

(+) Indra and Indro had been accomplishing their thesis when they were in Indonesia
(-)  Indra and Indro had not been accomplishing their thesis when they were in Indonesia
(?)  Had Indra and Indro  been accomplishing their thesis when they were in Indonesia?

Time Signal
  • when
Previous
Next Post »

Followers