Present Perfect Continuous Tense (I have been doing)




Present Perfect Continuous Tense adalah bentuk waktu yang digunakan untuk:
  • menyatakan tindakan yang dimulai di masa lampau dan masih berlangsung hingga sekarang.
  • menyatakan tindakan yang baru saja berhenti.
Rumus Verbal
(+) S+have/has+been+V-ing+O
(-)  S+have/has+not+been+V-ing+O
(?)  Have/has+S+been+V-ing+O

Examples:
  • menyatakan tindakan yang dimulai di masa lampau dan masih berlangsung hingga sekarang.
(+) I have been driving a car for two hours.
(-)  I have not been driving car for two hours.
(?) Have I been driving car for two hours?

(+) He has been continuing his study since 2010.
(-)  He has not been continuing his study since 2010.
(?) Has he been continuing his study since 2010?

(+) Andra and Endrew have been accomplishing their thesis.
(-) Andra and Endrew have not been accomplishing their thesis.
(?) Have Andra and Endrew been accomplishing their thesis?

  • menyatakan tindakan yang baru saja berhenti.
(+) She is thirsty bacause she has been walking for three hours.
(-)  She is not thirsty because she has been not walking for three hours.
(?)  Is she thirsty because has she been walking for three hours?

Exercise:
  1. It is raining now. It began raining two hours ago. It.......(rain) for two hours.  
  2. Kevin is studying. He began studying three hours ago. He......(study) for three hours.
  3. I am learning Mandarin. I started learning mandarin in December. I....(learn) Mandarin since December.
  4. Andra is looking for a job. He began looking for four months ago. He......(began) looking for a job for four months. 
  5. Diana is working in Solo. She started working there on Semptember 4th. She......(start) working in Solo since September 4th. 
  6. Beni smokes. He started smoking five years ago. He.....(start) smoking for five years.
  7. The boys are playing football right now. They.......(play) for almost two hours. They must be getting tired. 
  8. Andro is talking on the phone. He......(talk) on the phone for over a half an hour. He should hang up soon. Long distance is expensive. 
  9. I'm trying to study.  I......(try) to study for the last hour, but something always seems to interrup me. I think I'd be better go to library. 
  10. It's raining. it........(rain) for five hours. I worry it will be flood.
  11. I'm studying. I.........(study) for an hour because I'll get a test.
  12. I'm waiting for my friend. I.....(wait) for him since the class finished. He always keeops me waiting. 
  13. Bondan is sitting in the waiting room. He....(sit) for two hours to wait for his friend.
  14. It.....(snow) all day. I wonder when it will stop.
  15. It's nine am. I.......(study) for two hours and probably won't finish until midnight. 

Previous
Next Post »

Followers