Latihan 40 soal (grammar, comprhention and vocabularry test) SMA kelas 1



1. Rick  : So, ......, Meg?
    Meg  : Oh, I had a great time. I went to a karaoke bar and sang with some friend on Saturday.
    A. what were you doing last week?
    B. what do you do last week?
    C. what have you done last week?
    D. what did you do last week?
    E. what are you doing last week?

2. X  : How did you spend your last birthday?
    Y  : .......... Everyone enjoyed it. But, the neighbor did not like the noise.
    A. I was having a party.
    B. I have a party.
    C. I had a party.
    D. I will have a party.
    E.  I have had a party.

3. X  : Did you do anything special over the weekend?
    Y  : Yes, I did. I went shopping. Unfortunately, I spent all my money. ..........!
    A. Now I didn't have any money.
    B. Now I'm broken!
    C. Now I still have some money.
    D. Now I have enough money.
    E. Now I am happy.

4. Celia  : Hi, Doni. How was your vacation?
    Doni  : It was excellent! I went to Hawaii with my cousin.....
    A. We had a great time.
    B. We have had great time.
    C. We were having a great time.
    D. We have a great time.
    E. We are having a great time.

5. X  : How many times have you gone out to eat this week ?
    Y  : ..................
    A. I went to eat at fast-food restaurants last week.
    B. I have eaten at fast-food restaurants since yesterday.
    C. I was eating at a fast-food restaurant when you came.
    D. I ate at fast-food restaurants yesterday.
    E. I have eaten at fast-food restaurants a couple of times.
  
6. X  : Have you ever seen a live concert?
    Y  : Yes, I have. .........
    A. I have seen U2 at the stadium last week.
    B. I will see U2 at the stadium next year.
    C. I see U2 at stadium if I have enough money.
    D. I saw you U2 at stadium last year.
    E.I have never seen U2 at the stadium.

7. X  : Were you curious to see what the man had done? What did you do?
    Y  : Yes, I was.  ................
    A. I am walking over to see what he had done.
    B. I will walk over to see what he had done.
    C. I walked over to see what he had done.
    D. I was walking over to see what he had done.
    E. I walk over to see what he had done.

8. X  : Where did you hp yesterday on your way home?
    Y  : ................
    A. Yesterday I go to park on my way home.
    B. Yesterday I went to the park on my way home.
    C. Yesterday I was going to the park on my way home.
    D. Yesterday I have gone to the park on my way home.
    E. Yesterday I have been to the park on my way home.

9.  Games - played - yesterday - in their room - the children - quietly.
         1             2              3                    4                     5                6
    A. 5-2-1-6-4-3
    B. 3-5-2-6-1-4
    C. 4-5-2-1-6-3
    D. 3-4-5-6-2-1
    E. 5-2-6-1-4-3

10. The little boy - an apple - this morning - ate - greedily - in the kitchen.
                1                  2                   3              4          5                  6
    A. 1-6-4-5-2-3
    B. 6-1-4-5-2-3
    C. 1-4-5-2-6-3
    D. 3-1-4-5-2-6
    E.1-4-2-5-6-3

11. Policemen : Did you see the accident, sir?
      Man          : Yes, I did. ..............
    A. The driver of that car could hit that post over there.
    B. The driver of that car was hitting that post over there.
    C. The driver of the that car has hit that post over there.
    D. The driver of that car hit that post over there.
    E. The driver of that car hits that post over there.

12. X  : Did you study home on Saturday?
      Y  : No, I called my friend. ..........
    A. We will drive to a cafe for lunch.
    B. We drive to a cafe for lunch.
    C. We drove to a cafe for lunch.
    D. We have driven to a cafe for lunch.
    E. We were driving to a cafe for lunch.

13. Celia  : So, what was the best thing about the trip?
      Doni  : Well, .......... . You won't believe it.
    A. something incredible happens.
    B. something incredible happened.
    C. something incredible happen.
    D. something incredible was happening.
    E.something incredible was happened.

14. Tim  : ........?
       Elo  : I have just received a letter from my brother.
    A. What have you just received from your brother?
    B. What did you received from your brother?
    C. What were you just receiving from your brother?
    D. What do you just receive from your brother?
    E. What will you receive from your brother?

15. X  : What happen while you were reading?
      Y  : .............
    A. While I was reading there, I could notice a man behaving strangely.
    B. While I was reading there, I notice a man behaving strangely.
    C. While I was reading there, I was noticing a man behaving strangely.
    D. While I was reading there, I have noticed a man behaving strangely.
    E. While I was reading there, I noticed a man behaving strangely.
16. X  : Did you walk around the park or did you sit down?
      Y  : ...............
    A. I am walking for a while and then I am sitting down under a tree.
    B. I have walked around for a while and then I have sat down under a tree.
    C. I was walking around for a while and then I was sitting down under a tree.
    D. I walked around for a while and then I sat down under a tree.
    E.I walk around for a while and I sir down under a tree.

17. X  : Have you added a tail to your kite?
      Y  : Yes, I have. ................
    A. I have done it yesterday.
    B. I do it yesterday.
    C. I did it yesterday.
    D. I was doing it yesterday.
    E. I could do it yesterday.

18. X  : I decorated the kite beautifully.
      Y  : ........?
      X  : With a picture of a giant.
    A. What do you decorate it with?
    B. What did you decorate it with?
    C. What were you decorating it with?
    D. What have you decorated it with?
    E.What will you decorate it with?

19. X  : What did you do when you got to the zoo?
      Y  : When we got to the zoo, .............
    A. we went to the shop to buy some food to give to the animals.
    B. we were going to the shop to buy some food to give to the animals.
    C. We go to the shop to buy some food to give to the animals.
    D. We will go to the shop to buy some food to give to the animals.
    E. We have gone to the shop to buy some food to give to the animals.

20. X  : How did you feel when you returned home?
      Y  : When we returned home, ............
    A. We must be tired but happy because we have had so much fun.
    B. We have been tired but happy because we have had so much fun.
    C. We will be tired but happy because we will have so much fun.
    D. We are tired but happy because we have so much fun.
    E. We were tired but happy because we had so much fun.

21. X : What were you doing when a TV reporter asked to interview you for some news.
      Y : ......... when a TV reporter asked to interview me for some news.
    A. I have waited a line
    B. I waited a line
    C. I wait a line
    D. I was waiting a line
    E.I am waiting a line

22. X  : What did you find while you were walking down the street?
      Y  : While I was walking down the street, ............
    A. I am finding a wallet full of money.
    B. I was finding a wallet full of money.
    C. I found a wallet full of money.
    D. I have found a wallet full of money.
    E. I find a wallet full of money.

23.  X  : ............
       Y  : While I was traveling in another country, I met an old school friend.
    A. Who have you met while you were traveling in another country?
    B. Who did you meet while you were traveling in another country?
    C. Who do you met while you were traveling in another country?
    D. Who could you meet while you were traveling in another country?
    E. Who will you meet while you were traveling in another country?

24. X  : Who has just published a new book?
      Y  : ...............
    A. Miles Graham has just published a book called " Lost at Sea"
    B. Miles Graham published a book called "Lost in Sea"
    C. Miles Graham was publishing a book called "Lost in Sea"
    D. Miles graham published a book called "Lost in Sea"
    E.Miles Graham would published a book called "Lost in Sea"

25. X  : ........?
      Y  : It describes about four students who plan to sail from England to America.
    A. What can the book describe?
    B. What has the book described?
    C. What was the book describing?
    D. What did the book describe?
    E.What does the book describe?

26. X  : When did the events describes in the book take place?
      Y  : ............ .
    A. They take place in September 1973.
    B. They were taking place in September 1973.
    C. They have taken place in September 1973.
    D. They took place in September 1973.
    E. They had taken place in September 1973.

27. X  : What sort of people would enjoy reading the book?
      Y  : ............. .
    A. I could recommended the book to anyone who enjoys adventure stories.
    B. I was recommending the book to anyone who enjoys adventure stories.
    C. I recommend the book to anyone who enjoys adventure stories.
    D. I had recommended the book to anyone who enjoys the adventure stories.
    E. I recommended the book to anyone who enjoys the adventure stories.

28. X  : What happened by the time the guards got there?
      Y  : ........ by the time the guards got there.
    A. The man in white robe was leaving.
    B. The man in white robe had already left.
    C. The man in white robe has already left.
    D. The man in white robe is leaving.
    E. The man in white robe will leave.

29. X  : What happened during the storm?
      Y  : ......... .
    A. During the storm, many their supplies were lost.
    B. During the storm, many of their supplies was losing.
    C. During the storm, many of their supplies loses.
    D. During the storm, many of their supplies lose.
    E. During the storm, many of their supplies has lost.

30. X  : During that time, how did they keep themselves alive?
      Y  : ............ .
    A. They catch fish to keep themselves alive.
    B. They were catching to keep themselves alive.
    C. They must catch fish to keep themselves alive.
    D. They have to catch fish to keep themselves alive.
    E. They had to catch fish to keep themselves alive.

31. Went - the letter - she - had written - my sister - after - to the post-office.
         1            2            3             4                 5             6                  7
    A. 5-4-2-6-3-1-7
    B. 3-4-2-6-5-1-7
    C. 6-2-4-5-3-1-7
    D. 6-5-4-2-3-1-7
    E. 6-3-1-7-5-4-2

32. Had fastened - my seat belt - the plane - took off - when - I.
                1                      2                  3              4             5      6
    A. 5-6-1-2-4-3
    B. 6-4-2-5-3-1
    C. 5-6-1-2-3-4
    D. 6-1-2-5-3-4
    E. 6-4-2-5-3-1

33. Died - he - very ill - had been - my father - before.
         1       2         3              4                5               6
    A. 2-1-6-5-4-3
    B. 5-4-3--6-2-1
    C. 5-1-6-2-4-3
    D. 6-2-4-3-5-1
    E. 6-5-4-3-2-1

34. He - him- work - we - until - had finished - did not disturb.
       1       2        3       4       5               6                      7
    A. 4-7-2-5-1-6-3
    B. 1-7-2-5-4-6-3
    C. 4-7-3-5-1-6-2
    D. 1-6-3-5-4-7-2
    E. 1-6-2-5-4-7-3

35. He left - as soon as - I - the radio - he - turned on - the room
          1               2           3       4           5            7               7
    A. 5-2-3-6-4-1-7
    B. 3-2-5-1-7-6-4
    C. 5-1-4-2-3-6-7
    D. 3-6-7-2-5-1-4
    E. 2-5-1-7-3-6-4

VOCABULARY TEST
I had an amazing experience last year. After I left a small village in the south of France, I (36)...... on the next town. On the way, a young man waved to me. I stopped and he asked me for a lift. As soon as he had got into the car, I said good morning to him in France and he (37)....... in the same language. Apart from a few words, I did not know any France at all. Neither of us  (38)........ during the journey. I head nearly (39)....... the town, when the young man (40)........ said, very slowly, "Do you speak English?" As soon as I learnt, he was English himself!

36. ..........
    A. pushed
    B. urged
    C. left
    D. drove
    E. got

37. ...........
    A. told
    B. questioned
    C. replied
    D. response
    E. said

38. ..........
    A. discussed
    B. spoke
    C. conversation
    D. debated
    E. talked about

39. ...........
    A. reached
    B. obtained
    C. gained
    D. missed
    E. set out

40. ..........
    A. nicely
    B. step by step
    C. gradually
    D. eventually
    E. suddently
- GOOD LUCK -
Previous
Next Post »

Followers